Saturday 28 June 2014

Inspirations from Vintage Greeting Cards

I love to make greeting cards using vintage papers from all kinds of sources. Sometimes an image is so beautiful I just cut it out of a book (a damaged or unwanted one) and use it in a card. Sometime I use book or music pages to make shapes and patterns to create designs. I also like to look at original vintage cards for inspiration...and here are some that I bought recently.

These wedding and engagement cards look to date from the 1960s and 1970s and feature gorgeous colours and interesting details. There's lots about them that I like and these are some of the details that will be inspiring some new designs from me.


vintage engagement card

craft inspirations from vintage cards


Vintage wedding card

card making inspirations from vintage cards





No comments:

Post a Comment